2019 Mazda MX-5 30th Anniversary
The Signature Mazda Magazine
Richmond, British Columbia, August 1, 2019 – After 30 years and with more than 1 million examples sold, Mazda feels that the MX-5 is no longer its own creation. It belongs to the fans around the world who have supported the development of the model. To express its gratitude, and its high hopes for the future of the MX-5, the company developed Racing Orange, an exclusive body colour that evokes the breaking dawn of an exciting new day.
The 2019 Mazda MX-5 30th Anniversary, offered in both soft top and RF models, builds upon the 2019 Mazda MX-5 GT, which added many new features including a newly refined powertrain rated to deliver 181 horsepower and 151 pound-feet of torque; a 17 percent increase over the previous model year. The Racing Orange exterior paint is a strikingly vivid color that pays homage to the yellow MX-5 Miata Club Racer that also debuted at the 1989 Chicago Auto Show. Racing Orange is meant to represent sunrise and anticipation, while staying true to the characteristics of a pure sports car. The roof on RF is painted Racing Orange, while the soft top will feature a black cloth top. The theme continues to the interior with orange interior louvers and orange piping and stitching on the heated Recaro sports seats.
The seats in this special edition are wrapped in Alcantara, which is also found in the door inserts and lower instrument panel. All these features help to further enhance the customer’s sense of exclusivity and pride of ownership.
In addition to the new colour, the MX-5 30th Anniversary features new lightweight RAYS 17-inch forged alloy wheels with a design based on the wheels fitted to Global MX-5 Cup race cars. and a 30th Anniversary badge that displays the model’s serial number.
Sales will be limited to 3,000 units worldwide, including both soft-top and retractable hardtop models. In Canada, there will be a total of 165 non-sequentially badged units available through dealership order. Owners can order their 2019 Mazda MX-5 30th Anniversary model as either a soft top or RF with either a manual or automatic transmission.
30th Anniversary Edition units are available now.
Interested customers should contact Signature Mazda located in Richmond Auto Mall.
• Racing Orange exterior paint
• 17-inch dark finish Rays forged alloy wheels
• 30th Anniversary badge (with serial number)
• Brembo® front brakes (opposed piston design/unique rotor)
• Orange painted front and rear brake calipers
• Recaro® sport seats (Nappa leather and Alcantara® trimmed) and orange piping and stitching
• Alcantara® door trim and lower instrument panel
• Orange color interior louvers
• Leather wrapped steering wheel with orange stitching
• Leather wrapped shift knob with orange stitching
• Leather wrapped parking brake handle with orange stitching
• Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™
• SiriusXM Traffic Plus and Travel Link® services (includes complimentary 5-year subscription)
• Power, heated exterior mirrors (piano black)
Visit Signature Mazda to test drive the MX-5 in Racing Orange3 today!
Visit us in the Richmond Auto Mall today!
13800 Smallwood Place
Richmond, British Columbia